This page, together with any documents referred to on it, informs you of the terms and conditions on which we supply our services and products listed on our website www.black-label.uk, and any other ordering web platform, e.g. custom quotes, order forms, and interactive prices lists to you. One must read these terms and conditions carefully before placing an order with BLACK LABEL UK. You must understand that should you place an order either through or website or through “offline means”, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Should you wish for a printed version of these terms and conditions for future reference, please print a copy of this web page. To print this page, select Cntrl+P on a Windows device or Cmd+C on a Mac OS device.
01. Information about us “BLACK LABEL UK”
1.1 This site is operated by BLACK LABEL UK, a trading name of Sole Proprietor Bradley Leivars (“we/us/our”).
1.2 Our registered business address is 11 Hind Avenue, Breaston, Derbyshire, DE72 3DG, UK.
1.3 Our VAT registration number is GB279348552.
02. Your Status
2.1 By placing an order with BLACK LABEL UK either through our website or offline, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into a binding contract; and
- You are of at least 18 years of age.
2.2 For this agreement, “the Client” shall, where the context so admits, include their respective assignees, sub-licensees, and successors in title. In cases where the Client is a direct client (i.e. an individual, or an organisation with no agency or intermediary), all references to both “the Company” and “the Client” shall be interpreted as references to the Client.
2.3 All contracts, be that verbal or written, are only accepted on the basis that the Terms and Conditions presented here by BLACK LABEL UK are the only ones applicable.
2.4 Unless we are given prior written notice by our Client (or the person placing or signing the order on behalf of you, our Client), all email communication/confirmation and recorded telephone communication/confirmation of the assignment will constitute a contract in law.
03. How the contract is formed between you and us
3.1 Your order constitutes an offer to purchase a product, products, or services from BLACK LABEL UK. All orders are subjected to acceptance by us, and we shall confirm such acceptance to you via an electronic notification (including but not limited to: order confirmation, invoice, or email communication). We will only issue you with an order confirmation notice once the ordering process has been complete. The contract between us will only be formed once we send you an order confirmation notice or an invoice. Once the contract has been initiated, the contract terms cannot be changed or altered without our prior written consent.
04. Client responsibilities
4.1 Whenever the Client uses a feature that allows them to upload material to our site, they must comply with the consent standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. The Client warrants that if any such material does not comply with the standards set out in the Acceptable Use Policy, they will compensate BLACK LABEL UK any fees incurred due to legal action being taken against BLACK LABEL UK.
4.2 BLACK LABEL UK is not required to print any materials which in our sole and final opinion is or may be of an illegal, libellous or inappropriate nature or an infringement of the proprietary rights of any third party. Such conditions are also extended to material of an extreme nature or damaging political nature, whether for an individual candidate or an entire political party.
4.3 BLACK LABEL UK reserves the right to refuse to print any materials (which, in our opinion) may be damaging to BLACK LABEL UK’s and/or its agents’ reputation.
4.4 Any claims arising from any libellous matter or any infringement of Copyright, patent design, or any other proprietary or personal right contained in any material printed for the customer and or their agents, the Client agrees to provide indemnity to BLACK LABEL UK. This indemnity shall extend to any amounts paid on legal advice in settlement of any claim.
4.5 The Client must not upload any material that will breach any third party rights unless they have the third party’s express consent. BLACK LABEL UK retains the right to disclose the Clients identity to any third party claiming that any material uploaded by the Client constitutes a violation of their rights.
4.6 The Client agrees that all material uploaded to our site will be done so at their own risk. The Client must retain a copy of all materials they upload. BLACK LABEL UK exclude all liability for any uploaded material that is lost or damaged after or during the uploading process.
4.7 BLACK LABEL UK has the right to remove any materials uploaded by you to fulfil any order if, in our opinion, such materials do not comply with our Acceptable Use Policy.
4.8 The Client agrees only to provide someone else’s personal information if they have given express consent for the Client to do so in respect of the products or services they have ordered. Personal information is processed and stored in accordance with our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
4.9 The Client accepts that failure to follow preparatory instructions at www.black-label.uk for uploading your artwork may result in poor quality products. BLACK LABEL UK accepts no responsibility for poor quality products in these specific circumstances. Please see our knowledge centre for further guidance and advice.
4.10 If a Client provides their own stock for BLACK LABEL UK to use, we shall not be liable for any work being less than reasonably satisfactory as a direct result of defects or in the unsuitability of such materials provided or specified by the Client. We shall assume that quantities of materials supplied shall be adequate to cover normal spoilage; if the quantities supplied are not sufficient to cover normal spoilage, we shall have no liability for any shortfall in quantity. The suitability of products for the purpose intended rests solely with the customer, and we accept no responsibility for any losses howsoever caused.
4.11 The Client is solely responsible for proofing and signing off any print ready artwork destined for print or production. Once the artwork is signed off (by replying to any email containing print ready artwork and stating your intention to allow the artwork to go to print, or through our automated process through BLACK LABEL UK’s website). Whilst we do our best to proof the artwork and make the Client aware of any issues that may arise BLACK LABEL UK will not be liable or responsible in any way for any content or artwork errors found within the final printed artwork unless the errors have come directly from the production processes used. In this circumstance, a further agreement will be made either electronically or verbally between the Client and BLACK LABEL UK.
4.12 Company Imprint: Unless otherwise explicitly requested in writing, any work may carry the BLACK LABEL UK imprint, which will be positioned at BLACK LABEL UK’s discretion.
4.13 BLACK LABEL UK reserves the right to retain printed copies and artwork for any work provided to use for marketing purposes. Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions.
5.1 BLACK LABEL UK retains the entire Copyright in all completed design material (including all logos and designs) at all times, throughout the World and:
- Where reproduction of works has taken place and settlement has not been made, the Company will make such charges to the Client as falls within the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
- Title/Copyright to any materials used in producing any material is not transferred to the Client upon payment of the invoice.
06. Production and delivery times
6.1 Production when on PIA terms shall be deemed to begin when the following conditions are met:
- The Client has made payment, and BLACK LABEL UK has received the payment.
- The Client has uploaded their artwork to BLACK LABEL UK’s system and BLACK LABEL UK have accepted the artwork, or the Client has approved artwork sent by BLACK LABEL UK as print-ready.
Where a Client is on a Net30 agreement point 2 shall be the only condition required to be met. If these events occur after 12 pm on a production day, production will be deemed to begin on the next production day.
6.2 Unless there are exceptional circumstances that fall out of BLACK LABEL UK’s control, the Client’s products will be dispatched for delivery on the last production day in accordance with the production service level chosen by the Client during the ordering process.
- Saver: Typically 5 production days.
- Standard: Typically 3 production days.
- Express: Typically 2 production days.
- Same Day: Typically dispatched on the first production day*
*Please note that due to delays with courier services, Same Day delivery may at times take one day to arrive and may not come on the same day as the Client placed the order.
6.3 Note that larger quantities of items that require complex finishing will require a longer production time. BLACK LABEL UK will inform you of the production times during your ordering process.
6.4 Production days are held to be working days; these are unless otherwise notified:
BLACK LABEL UK does not operate during public bank holidays within the UK.
6.5 After production, we dispatch all finished orders by courier for next day delivery. Some postcodes, including Northern Ireland (BT), the Scottish Highlands & Islands (AB31-38, AB41-45, AB51-56, FK19-21, HS, IV, KA27-28, KW, PA20-88, PH5-10, PH15-26, PH30-44, ZE), Isle of Man (IM), or Isle of Wight (PO31-41) may take between 3 and 5 working days and may incur an extra charge.
6.6 Deliveries across Europe (excluding the UK) and the rest of the world will be subject to longer delivery times and extra charges of which the Client will be made aware of at the time of placing an order. BLACK LABEL UK may not always be able to advise of these. It is essential also to note that the Client is responsible for any customs and handling charges.
6.7 Any carriage arranged by BLACK LABEL UK is on the clients’ behalf, and BLACK LABEL UK is not liable for any delays arising out of that carriage.
6.8 Where delivery of the Clients goods is not possible due to BLACK LABEL UK being provided with the incorrect delivery address details, our courier service will return the products to BLACK LABEL UK. We reserve the right to make an additional delivery charge for re-dispatching the goods to the correct delivery address. BLACK LABEL UK will not incur any liability provided that the parcel was delivered to the address provided by the purchaser, whether this is the correct address or not.
6.9 Delivery to temporary addresses such as hotels, exhibitions, and conference centres is entirely at the Client’s risk.
6.10 The Client must notify BLACK LABEL UK in writing within seven days of any failure to deliver the products so as to investigate the failure and take appropriate action. Failure to notify BLACK LABEL UK within seven days could lead to your products being lost in transit. BLACK LABEL UK will do what we can to recover these items or reprint them at no charge to the Client.
7.1 The Client accepts that colour variations are inevitable within the print manufacturing process. The Client also understands and accepts that computer hardware set-ups are such that BLACK LABEL UK cannot guarantee that the product colours will match those displayed on the Clients computer screen during the ordering process due to different colour gamuts being used between digital and print.
7.2 Due to the printing process’s nature, BLACK LABEL UK shall not be required to guarantee an exact colour or texture match between the printed results and any proof or existing copy so supplied.
7.3 Due to ink tolerances involved in the four colour printing process, a slight variance in finished printed colours is inevitable. Pantone spot colour matches cannot be produced using the full-colour process.
7.4 Any proof copies issued to the Client by BLACK LABEL UK are NOT colour accurate; they are issued only for content checking purposes.
7.5 Most of the presses utilised by BLACK LABEL UK are calibrated and tested to ISO 12647-2 standards. BLACK LABEL UK will not withhold any dispute regarding colour if the tolerances of those standards have been maintained.
08. Payment terms
8.1 BLACK LABEL UK will collect payment during the checkout process if you order a product or a service through our website. If you opt to pay via a BACS transfer, we will not start the manufacturing process or carry out our service to you until the payment has cleared. BLACK LABEL UK works strictly on PIA (payment in advance) terms with most clients unless otherwise agreed. We retain the right to revise costings at our discretion at any time and will work with clients if we have reason to believe that a Net30 agreement* would be more beneficial for both parties.
8.2 All payments are subject to VAT (value-added tax) where applicable. If you are an organisation operating outside of the UK, you may be subject to alternative rates of VAT.
8.3 All prices on our website www.black-label.uk and prices supplied to you via quotations are always provided as initial estimates. They may be subject to change in light of new project information or revised project briefs. Quotations provided to you through our finance department are only valid for 30 days from receiving the initial quote.
8.4 All costs for printing or delivering a physical product will include appropriate delivery charges to the address or addresses chosen by the Client.
8.5 In the rare event that the Client does not clear their invoice by the given due date, you will be subject to late payment charges. These charges are made to cover the recovery costs of late payments, including but not limited to additional statements, letters, phone calls, or emails issued for the recovery of the outstanding debt of no less than £15.50 plus VAT each, and all other costs for the recovery of debt including bank charges, debt recovery agencies, lawyers fees, and court fees.
8.6 Our late payment charges are issued without prior notice to our Client starting from the first day of which payment is overdue:
- 8% above the Bank of England Interest Rate is added to the invoice annually on the first day it becomes overdue.
- The following flat rates are also added to an overdue invoice on the first day that it becomes overdue:
- £40 flat recovery fee for debts up to £999.99.
- £70 flat recovery fee for debts between £1,000 and £9,999.99.
- £100 flat recovery fee for debts that are £10,000 or more.
8.7 Late payment charges are added in line with UK Government recommendations: Late payment of commercial debts (interest) Act 1998 and the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2013, again we retain the right to revise costings at our discretion at any time.
8.8 If a credit customer has found themselves in a position whereby they are unable to service their debts in the ordinary course of business due to liquidation, having a winding-up petition issued against them, or being a person who has a bankruptcy petition issued against them, we shall without prejudice to other remedies:
- Have the right to not proceed further with the contract or any other work for the customer.
- Have the right to charge for work already carried out (whether completed or not) and any materials purchased for the customer – such charges will be placed on an immediate due debt and, if not settled immediately, shall become subject to further late payment charges.
- In respect of all unpaid debts due from the customer, we have the right to hold any goods, stock, or property in our possession (whether worked on or not) and shall be entitled (on the expiration of 14 days’ notice which is applied on the first day of the Clients debts being overdue) to dispose of such goods, stock, or property in such a manner and at such a price we see fit. As the Client, you will be responsible for disposal costs, and these shall be charged accordingly – again, such charges will be placed on an immediate due debt and, if not settled immediately, shall become subject to further late payment charges. If we are able to resell your goods, stock, or property, we shall do without notice and will apply the proceeds towards such debts.
- The individual directors will be responsible for all outstanding fees and costs concerning the contract.
*If you are placed on a Net30 agreement, we reserve the right to move you back to a PIA agreement without prior warning if invoices are not paid in full by the agreed date. We will not commence with new work until your outstanding invoices have been paid in full. This is to protect our cash flow and the business from “non-paying” customers.
09. Cancellation or postponement
9.1 An order is considered firm as from the date of confirmation, and accordingly, BLACK LABEL UK will, at their discretion, charge a fee of cancellation or postponement.
- If work has progressed on the Client’s order, the Client will be liable for the full payment as per the original quotation or invoice. There will be strictly no refunds in this scenario.
- If work has yet to have commenced, but payment has been made against the invoice, the Client may be liable for a partial refund. BLACK LABEL UK will offer a partial refund minus a cancellation fee. The standard cancellation fee is 25% of the total invoice. Any discounts that have been applied to the invoice will also be charged. A partial refund will be reviewed on a case by case basis and under the discretion of our Finance and Clients Account Departments to reduce fees where appropriate.
9.2 If you are a Client with overdue or outstanding debts, there will strictly be no refunds. The payment will go towards clearing your unpaid debts.
10.1 A Client must claim for damage, non-delivery, or shortages within seven days from the date that the product(s) were dispatched from BLACK LABEL UK.
10.2 We shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless we are notified in accordance with the first paragraph of this section, except where the Client can demonstrate to our reasonable satisfaction that it was not possible to comply with this requirement and that they made their claim as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
10.3 We may ask the Client to send us photographic evidence of several samples showing any damage or defects and to retain the product for up to 30 days after receipt for the purpose of inspection by ourselves, our agents, or representatives.
11. BLACK LABEL UK’s liability
11.1 BLACK LABEL UK does not exclude or limit in any way our liability:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
11.2 Whether caused by BLACK LABEL UK’s negligence, breach of contract, or breach of duty, we exclude all liability for:
- any direct loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- waste of management or office time;
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind, however, arising, even if foreseeable.
12. Force Majeure
12.1 BLACK LABEL UK will not be liable or responsible for any delay in performance or failure to perform any of our obligations under a contract caused by events that fall outside of our reasonable control.
12.2 Force Majeure includes any act, event, non-happening, omission, or accident beyond BLACK LABEL UK’s reasonable control including in particular (without limitation) the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs, or other industrial action;
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack (or a treat thereof), war (whether declared or not), or threat, or preparation for war;
- Fire, explosion, storms, floods, earthquakes, subsidence, epidemic, or other natural disasters;
- Impossibility of the use of means of public and/or private transport;
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunication networks;
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations, or restrictions of any government.
12.3 BLACK LABEL UK’s performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that Force Majeure continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of such period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring Force Majeure to a close or find an alternative solution by which BLACK LABEL UK may perform our obligations under the contract.
13. BLACK LABEL UK’s rights to alter these Terms and Conditions
13.1 BLACK LABEL UK reserves the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions without notice. As a Client, you are subject to all of BLACK LABEL UK’s Policies, including these Terms and Conditions in force when you place an order with us, unless a change to our Policies is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it would also apply to orders previously placed by the Client), or if BLACK LABEL UK notifies you of the change to those Policies, or these Terms and Conditions before we send the Client Order Confirmation. BLACK LABEL UK holds the right to assume that the Client has accepted the change to the Terms and Conditions unless the Client notifies BLACK LABEL UK to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by the Client of the product(s) or service(s) delivered.
14. Law and Jurisdiction
14.1 England and Wales Laws will govern the contract to purchase product(s) and service(s) throughout BLACK LABEL UK’s site or otherwise. Any dispute arising from or related to such Contracts shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales courts.
Version Control: v.1.0